To this end, the Program places a strong emphasis on the transfer of learning and on follow-up activities. Participants attending the Program develop an Individual Plan for putting their learning into action as part of the training. Therefore, when submitting their application, both organizations and Candidates nominated should consider how the transfer of learning might take place within and beyond the organization after the Program.
By the end of the IHRTP, participants should be able to:
- use a framework based on internationally accepted human rights standards and principles to analyze the issues and situations encountered in the work of their organizations
- determine how to incorporate participatory methods and techniques into their human rights education work
- indicate appropriate ways for putting their learning from the IHRTP into practice in the work of their organizations
- identify opportunities for future collaborative and networking activities essential for furthering the cause of human rights
- determine strategies for promoting gender equality in their human rights education work
- employ a basic evaluation process for assessing the results of their human rights education work
Selection Process and Bursaries
A Selection Committee will review all applications. In addition to the requirements previously listed, consideration will also be given to overall gender balance and geographic representation. Given the number of applications and limited space available, we are unable to accept many worthy Candidates. Your understanding is greatly appreciated.
Through the support of the Canadian International Development Agency (CIDA), Equitas has funding to award a limited number of bursaries to selected Candidates. Once eligibility has been determined, the Selection Committee will award the bursaries to the Candidates who best meet the requirements. Due to the limited number of bursaries available, there is no guarantee that the selected Candidates will receive funding. Therefore, we strongly urge all Candidates to immediately begin seeking funding from other sources.
Your application must include:
- The completed Application Form (Part A completed by the Director of the Candidate's organization; Part B completed by the Candidate)
- The Memorandum of Agreement duly signed by the Candidate and the director of the Candidate's organization
- Two supporting letters from national and/or international human rights organizations (other than the Candidate's) familiar with the Candidate's work and/or the work of his or her organization
- A brochure (and/or mission statement) describing the Candidate's organization
Please send all documents for applications, preferably by email, to: email@example.com or by fax to: 1-514-954-0659